UFirst in the Community
In an effort to help further the education of our high school seniors, UFirst Federal Credit Union is participating in the New York Credit Union Association's Statewide College Scholarship Program. Last year, this program awarded $30,000 in scholarships to 48 students across New York. In addition, applicants will be eligible to receive a scholarship from UFirst FCU as well as from the Adirondack Chapter of credit unions. That makes them eligible for three scholarships with just one application! Check out the details:
To be eligible:
- Applicant must be a member of UFirst Federal Credit Union to apply.
- Must be a college-bound high school senior at the time of application.
- Will be attending college for the first time in the fall of 2021.
- Enrolled in either a two-year or four-year accredited educational institution.
- Agrees to use any scholarship funds awarded at an accredited educational institution only. The funds may be used towards tuition, room and board, books, school supplies, etc.
- a high school transcript documenting student's GPA for grades 9-11
- an SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript (obtained through the high school guidance office)
- If COVID-19 prohibited you from taking the SAT's, you can disregard this step.
- a typed essay response
How to Apply:
Please read the below instructions carefully before submitting your application.
- Complete and save the scholarship application form. Please use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
- You must obtain a credit union verification code from your credit union in order to verify eligibility. Please contact 518.324.5700 option 1 or email the Marketing Team to obtain the verification code.
- Submit your application online by January 8, 2021 by clicking on the Submit Now link below.
- You must also upload a copy of the following (Please save and upload the documents as three separate files):
- A high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11
- an SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript
- an essay response
- If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered.
Apply Now Submit Now
The deadline for submitting applications is January 8, 2021.
Please contact the Marketing Team via email or by phone at 518.324.5700 option 1 with any questions you may have regarding the scholarship application or process.