Calling all High School Seniors!!! The time has finally come! You're ready to graduate and enter the world of college and adulthood! Are you ready? Prepare yourself for college by applying for a scholarship with UFirst FCU!
UFirst is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association's Scholarship Program. Students/Applicants will be competing against other credit union members from across the state. Applicants will be judged based upon academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities and the quality of written essays. Last year, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $25,500 in scholarships through the program. In addition, UFirst FCU awarded $2,250 to 3 local students.
- First, you must be a member of UFirst FCU before you can submit your application. If you're not already a UFirst member, you can open an account right online and it's only $5 to start your account with us. (The best part about being a member of a credit union is that you can go to school anywhere and still bank with us. We have a wide variety of products and services to make accessing and managing your money easy and convenient, no matter where you are!)
- You must be a college-bound senior at the time of application.
- You must be attending either a two- or four- year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2019.
Here's how it works:
- Click here for the 2019 Scholarship Application (Bonus! There is no application fee!) Printed applications are also available at any of our branches.
- Fill out the application completely and provide all the required materials listed on the application's cover page. Everything that is required to submit your application is listed there.
- Turn in your scholarship at a UFirst location nearest you no later than January 4th, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted!
- We will submit your application to the New York Credit Union Association where your application and essay will be reviewed, judged and scored. We will received the scores sometime in early Spring.
- The top 3 UFirst members with the highest scores will each receive a scholarship from UFirst FCU in the amount $750.00. Based on how a student scores, they may also be eligible to receive a scholarship from the New York Credit Union Association as well as a scholarship from the Adirondack Chapter of credit unions! Scholarships will be awarded ranging from $500 - $1,500 and may be used at a two- or four- year accredited educational institution.
What are you waiting for?! You've got this! And remember, the deadline is January 4th, 2019!! Good Luck!!
Questions? Contact Meg McGee-Pelkey at 518.324.0618 or email@example.com.