The feature that everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived! Mobile Deposit is an easy and secure way for you to deposit checks using your mobile device. In just a few steps, you can make your deposit without ever having to go to a branch! Here are some frequently asked questions:
Is there a charge to use Mobile Deposit?
No, it's completely free!
How do I properly endorse my check(s)?
It is extremely important to ensure that you endorse your check(s) correctly so they don't get rejected. Here is what to do:
- Sign your name as it appears on the front of the check
- Write the account number you want the check deposited in underneath your signature
- Some checks have a box that you can check for mobile deposit, so you can just mark that. (Image coming soon)
- If there isn't a mobile deposit box, write Mobile Deposit
If proper endorsement isn't provided, then the deposit will be rejected.
When can I expect my deposit to appear in my account?
Deposits made prior to 2:30pm will be deposited into your account around 4:30pm. Anything after 2:30pm will be considered next day.
Are there limits to how much or how many checks I can deposit?
Yes. The maximum amount per deposit per day is $5,000 per account. Maximum amount for one check is $2,500 per day. There is not a limit to the number of checks that you can deposit in a day as long as you are within the daily limit.
Will there be a hold on deposit?
Deposits made through Mobile Deposit are subject to the UFirst check hold policy that is currently in place for all deposits made by check.
How do I access Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is only available with our UFirst Mobile Banking app which can be downloaded for free using iTunes or Google Play. The mobile application works with iPhone and Android smart phone platforms. To use the app, you must first be enrolled in online banking.
- After logging in to the UFirst app, select "deposits" from the home screen
- Select and account for deposit
- Enter the check amount. Please note: per check limit is $2,500; per day limit is $5,000
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check (Make sure it's a clear image and captures the whole check)
- Make sure the back of the check includes proper endorsement (see how I properly endorse check above)
- Account Number
- Check of "for mobile deposit" or write Mobile Deposit
- Confirm deposit details
- Retain check until cleared
This information will all soon be permanently available on our updated website once it goes live. Mobile Deposit is a great new service that we are proud to offer and one we hope you will enjoy! If there are any questions regarding mobile deposit, please contact us at 518-324-5700 option 1.