Coming Soon - UFirst Together with Zelle
On July 8th, UFirst FCU will be replacing Popmoney with Zelle!
If you like Popmoney, you are going to love Zelle. It's a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money with friends, family and others you know and trust. Best of all, money arrives typically within minutes between enrolled users.
Zelle is already available to over 100 million consumers in their banking or credit union experience, and we're excited to provide it FREE to UFirst FCU members. Sending and receiving money between friends and acquaintances using a variety of phone apps has become commonplace. Whether you're sharing the cost of an Uber, splitting the dinner bill with friends or paying the babysitter - you want your payment made fast, safe and easy.
What existing Popmoney users need to know:
- Scheduled or recurring Popmoney payments will not automatically be moved to your Zelle account. Please be sure to make a note of your payment information so you can easily add them back into Zelle.
- We ask that you please not schedule any payments to be processed for after 7/6/2021.
- Notify any contacts that you will no longer be using Popmoney. Ask your contacts to enroll with Zelle before you send them money - this will help them get their payment more quickly.
- For a full list of of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle go to Zellepay.com. If your recipient's bank isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for Android and iOS.
- If you receive Popmoney payments, please ask the Sender to use Zelle to send money to you instead. If the sender's bank does not offer Zelle, they can easily enroll in the Zelle app (available in the App Store or GooglePlay) with a U.S. based VISA or Mastercard debit card.
As we move closer to launch, more information about Zelle will be provided on our website. Stay tuned!!
UFirst Now Serving 5 Counties
November 1, 2020
UFirst Federal Credit Union has received approval of its community charter expansion application by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The expanded community charter will allow the Credit Union to grow its services beyond its original community charter of Clinton County to include neighboring Essex and Franklin Counties of New York as well as Grand Isle and Franklin Counties of Vermont.
With this approval, UFirst FCU will expand its membership to now serve “persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in and business and other legal entities located in Clinton, Essex, Franklin Counties of NY and Grand Isle and Franklin Counties of VT. Members of the immediate family or household members may also join the credit union.
Founded in 1971 as SUNY Plattsburgh Federal Credit Union by the SUNY Business & Economic Department, the United University Professions and Civil Service Employees, the Credit Union originally served the faculty and staff of SUNY Plattsburgh, before receiving its first community charter in 2002.
“We are very excited to begin this new chapter,” UFirst Federal Credit Union President and CEO, Linda Bourgeois said. “Every credit union has a story and UFirst FCU is no different. For nearly 50 years, we have served our neighbors in Clinton County and it’s because of their support and that of our members and community partners, that we are able to take this next step. We pride ourselves on being an all-inclusive credit union. A place where everyone is treated like family and financial advice or support can be found when it’s needed most. This expansion will allow our services to reach more of our neighbors in surrounding communities and also provide us the opportunity to provide even more services to our existing members.”
UFirst FCU offers traditional banking products and services as well as a wide selection of eServices and educational resources to guide members through their financial journeys. The Credit Union currently has 4 branch locations and 3 ATMs and is also part of the COOP Shared Branch & ATM Networks, which allows UFirst members to access their accounts, no matter where they are in the United States.